The Sales Associate at Macland Investments works at an assigned store location. The Sales Associate assists in the operation of the facility in a safe, customer-focused, and profitable manner. He/ She performs various duties including, but not limited to: Daily cash handling, lighting/fixtures cleaning & maintenance, and ensures the security of all inventory and currency to avoid theft and inventory shrinkage. Employees in this classification receive direct supervision within a framework of well-defined Macland Investments company policies and procedures. The Sales Associate will need to have the ability to learn to operate a cash register, computer console, and other equipment and tools related to the work task. This position reports to the Store Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to work alone in the store for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States if hired.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including overnight shifts and holidays.
- Physical abilities necessary:
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an at least 8 hours.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to overhead up to 30 minutes of workday.
- Ability to occasionally push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a hand-truck).
- Ability to occasionally climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, and/or place or remove signage.
- Approximately 75% of work is performed indoors, but there are times when extended periods of work may be performed outside.
- Capable of working in small spaces at times.
- Line cooks must accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, veggies, sauces, and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior and during cooking.
- Must be able to perform other duties in the area of food and final plating preparation.
- Each line cook is responsible for working quickly and efficiently to support the team and ensure that the Chef’s standards are being maintained.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station are including tables, shelves, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly (FIFO).
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen/ Opens the kitchen properly, following the closing/opening checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in opening/closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by GM/Lead Line/Chef.
- Make sure all associates are taking breaks according to California Labor Laws (lead).
- Cut necessary associates based on how busy/how much prep the kitchen needs. No wasted labor! (lead)
- Lead is completely responsible for overall cleanliness of kitchen. (lead) Requirements:
- Dedicated to serving the team.
- Ability to work